We believe that successful people make successful businesses, which is why we make every effort to provide our employees with an environment in which they can excel. Our professionals are integral in defining our business – delivering results to our clients and driving our company to success. We make it our job to treat them well.
At Dansig Insurance Risk Advisors, we recognize the importance of our employees’ health and wellness. We are committed to providing a high quality, competitive employee benefit program which is designed to address our employees’ benefit needs. Our benefit package is regularly reviewed and modified to ensure we offer those benefits most valuable to both the employee and their family.
The Commercial Lines Account Manager reports to the AVP of Commercial Lines. This position is responsible for assisting clients and sales executives, in all aspects of customer service and marketing by managing an assigned book of business.
Scope of Interaction
Interaction with all agency associates, clients, prospective clients and insurance carrier representatives.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages an assigned book of business and builds, expands, and solidifies relationships with existing clients
- Leads appropriate resources to address the client’s risk/capital management needs
- Assisting with Marketing of Accounts
- Secures existing business and drives the sale of additional services and coverage levels
- Cultivates relationships with the most senior buyer in the client organization as well as with day-to-day client representatives and buyers
- Has retention goals for assigned group of accounts.
- Support Broker Producers.
- Document Agency Management system with client changes, updates and activities as performed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of carrier products, pricing and personnel.
- Maintain knowledge of agency procedures.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Standards of Performance
- Prepare client specifications and applications for submission to insurance carriers allowing enough time for proposal to be obtained.
- Begin renewal processing on existing accounts 120 days prior to expiration.
- Order policies, complete Binder and Binder billings on new/renewal accounts prior to inception date of coverage.
- Process certificates of insurance, Evidence of Property Insurance and Auto ID cards on or prior to inception date of coverage.
- Review and invoice endorsements and audits immediately following receipt.
- Maintain client files according to agency procedures.
- Document all customer activity in Applied Management System according to procedures.
- Always present a positive image of Dansig Insurance.
- Provide and promote the delivery of services with a prevailing attitude of respect and recognition of the personal worth and dignity of every individual whether they are a customer, co-worker, producer or supervisor.
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner, while also demonstrating receptivity through active listening.
- Identify and perform work that has not been specifically assigned, as needed.
- Continuously seek opportunities for improvement and suggest ways in which procedures/systems may be modified to accomplish tasks/goal efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrate a teamwork philosophy by working cooperatively with others inside and outside the Administration Division.
- Attend required in-service and staff meetings.
- Preserve the confidentiality of all business-sensitive information, including but not limited to that of insured groups and individuals, employees and applicants.
- Adheres to established safety standards and utilizes proper techniques to avoid work-related injuries.
- Greet all people in a prompt and courteous manner. Communicate in a warm and courteous manner, making eye contact and speaking in a tone of voice that matches words.
- Ask customers what they need and strive to exceed their expectations. Offer and provide assistance whether or not the request falls within your specific job duties.
- Respond to customer and carrier requests in a timely manner, returning calls promptly and keeping them informed of delays before they ask.
- Timely processing of date sensitive materials.
- Make decisions based on customer needs, opinions, complaints or suggestions.
- Take appropriate steps to resolve problems to the customer’s or carrier’s satisfaction.
- Ask customers for their opinions, accepting criticism as an opportunity to improve service.
- Seek opportunities, provide value-added services, and eliminate tasks that do not serve our customer.
- Remain aware of products and services provided by Dansig and Consociate.
- Project a positive, professional image when working.
- Work is performed in a normal office environment.
- Overtime could be required.
- Travel may be necessary.
- Working knowledge of commercial lines insurance coverages.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications and MS Office.
- Practical knowledge of agency management systems and practices.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 or more years’ experience in a related field.
High School diploma/GED with 5 or more years’ experience in a related field.
- Insurance designation a plus.
- Client coordination and/or claims management experience a plus.
- Illinois Property & Casualty Producer License-(or ability to secure within 6 months of hire).
Dansig Insurance Risk Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please submit your resume to Tina Suzewitz, VP, Executive and Human Resources by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.